The Project: Niagara Outlet Centre
Due Diligence | Cost Control | Site Plan Development | Functional Servicing Design | Project Management
Grading & Servicing Design | Stormwater Management | Approvals | Contract Administration | Post-Construction Certification
This is the site of a new pedestrian friendly, outdoor outlet mall located near the Glendale Avenue and QEW interchange in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
The commercial property consists of over 60 acres of developable land with a layout including 12 separate buildings in the final condition. Counterpoint’s role included the design of the storm and sanitary sewer conveyance systems, watermains, site grading, and a storm water management system for water quantity and quality control.
• We provided due diligence input to the project years before the original purchase of the property and once the project commenced, Counterpoint participated in weekly meetings with the architect and owner to facilitate the development of the overall site plan.
• Overall development project included a subdivision process, private site plan approvals and Regional road modifications. All three processes (design, planning and construction) occurred concurrently with each other and required constant coordination between separate parties.
• The mall was the first parcel to move forward, and the site plan was designed to move in step with the overall subdivision design. Our team worked closely with the subdivision team to confirm the vendor’s conditions, supporting the ideal conditions for our clients site and ultimately saving significant earthworks costs.
• Site construction was delivered in segments from the vendor due to a staged approach to their development obligations. The site schedule had to be constantly monitored and adjusted to suit changes in overall subdivision schedule.
• Tenant specific inputs became available during the course of construction. We were integrally involved tracking site construction progress at a detailed level and comparing against changing tenant requirements. This close monitoring and attention to detail ensured minimal re-design and re-installation of siteworks to accommodate tenant specific requirements.